Obukedo is a local term in Uganda for banana leaf. These are dried, coiled, and bound to each other using raffia, which comes from the raffia palm that grows near the beautiful shores of Lake Victoria. Both of these are natural, renewable, and abundant resources.
The baskets are traditionally used for serving food, wrapping gifts and storing items, though they are also commonly displayed by themselves as decorative elements.
They are a great way to introduce color and bring artisan crafts into your home!
– Imported from Uganda
– Uniquely and traditionally hand-woven by local women
– Material | banana leaves and raffia
– Size | Height: 13" with lid
– Color | green, white, brown
– Product is made from all natural fibers
– Organic dyes are used to dye the fibers and grass
Lead time, return policy, care instructions, and more FAQ